General guidelines for imaging examinations:
- Notify your physician and staff if there is any chance that you may be pregnant or are currently breastfeeding.
- Discuss any special needs--such as dietary and/or physical limitations--with us in advance.
- Check with us in advance about recovery time or the need for a driver so you can make necessary arrangements with work and family.
- Arrive 20 minutes early to verify your registration information and provide further health information for your exam.
- Wear comfortable, metal-free clothing for MRI, and be prepared to change into a patient gown if necessary.
- Bring prior x-rays or scans with you to the exam if you are instructed to do so.
- For mammography, do not use deodorant, talcum powder or lotions under your arms or near your breasts on the day of your exam. Wear two-piece clothing.
How do you prepare for fasting?
Many laboratory procedures require fasting for several hours prior to testing. If you're unsure about fasting, check with your doctor.
What items do you need to bring for reception admission?
- Insurance card/insurance information
- Physician order with diagnosis
- Type of procedure
- Photo Identification
- Precertification number (if necessary)